2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Custom Font Bevel Reflect for Gimp 2.10

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Custom Font Bevel Reflect for Gimp 2.10

Post#21 by Krikor » 20 Nov 2020, 01:23

Hi Skinnyhouse,

I'm using:
MLBeveReflect.exe version 2.0;
BevelReflectLogo version 1.6;
Samj's Portable 2.10.21 - win10 64.
Krikor - FontBevelReflect MSG Error
Krikor - FontBevelReflect MSG Error
FontBevelReflectError.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 640 times
I tested with all default parameters. It gave that error.
I tested it with the parameters you suggested. It gave the same error.

Perhaps it could be due to the fact that I am not using version 1.7 of BevelReflectLogo.scm
But I don't know why upgrading from version 1.6 to 1.7 (with the exception of course to run Custom Font Bevel Reflect for Gimp 2.10.

Considering the Issabella report, in which version 1.7 was not 100% functional as it should, I am inclined to keep my version 1.6.

Beautiful spheres you shared, I hope to be able to test them soon.

Thank you very much for this excellent plugin!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#22 by Pat625 » 20 Nov 2020, 02:03

This is my result with the letter A. Using Samj 2.10.23, BRL 1.7, ML Bevel 2., and blue emap.
Bolonewt_Unkerned_A.png
Bolonewt_Unkerned_A.png (51.61 KiB) Viewed 638 times
I hope this is correct result.

Did you have the letter a gray color before using the filter?

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#23 by Krikor » 20 Nov 2020, 02:03

It is a consolation that I can still apply the bevelReflect over the custom font. Perhaps not as efficient or with the same features if you were using Custom Font Bevel Reflect for Gimp 2.10, but it still serves as a consolation.
Krikor - Palliative option
Tempbytheway.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Tempbytheway2.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Last edited by Krikor on 20 Nov 2020, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#24 by Krikor » 20 Nov 2020, 02:12

Pat625 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 02:03
This is my result with the letter A. Using Samj 2.10.23, BRL 1.7, ML Bevel 2., and blue emap.
Bolonewt_Unkerned_A.png

I hope this is correct result.

Did you have the letter a gray color before using the filter?
Hi Pat!
I believe that the problem may be my version 1.6 of bevelReflectLogo.
I don't know the need to upgrade to version 1.7. I also fear side effects with version 1.7, as reported by Issabella.

Yes, I had the letter in #808080, before applying it even convert the layer to the image size.

I will need a calm day to be able to test version 1.7 of BevelReflectLogo and see if I update or not.

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#25 by Pat625 » 20 Nov 2020, 02:58

I tried it again using an active gradient (deep Sea) instead of an emap.
Bizarrerie_Tester.png
Bizarrerie_Tester.png (173.76 KiB) Viewed 636 times

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#26 by Pat625 » 20 Nov 2020, 03:11

Krikor,

It is not dificult to change the versions. Just move the 1.6 version to a storage folder or put a couple letters at beginning of its name so won't be called and put the 1.7 version in the folder. if the 1.7 does not work, just remove it and restore the 1.6.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#27 by Issabella » 20 Nov 2020, 06:14

Thanks Skinnyhouse for your interest in my problem. I don't know what is my problem but having installed the right versions and removed the old ones, your tool for custom font bevel reflect, stops and the possibility of custom bevel reflect logo is missing. I have win 10 64 bit as Krikor

Krikor, go ahead because it seems to be only my problem for any reason.

Thank you so much Pat for your checking. I needed to know that both applications worked well for you.
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#28 by skinnyhouse » 20 Nov 2020, 09:47

Problems with Bevel Reflect Logo and Custom Font Bevel Reflect summary

Custom Font Bevel Reflect requires the installation of two other resources:

Bevel Reflect Logo script version 1.7
ML Bevel Reflect 2

The BRL v 1.7 script by GnuTux (with modifications by MareroQ) uses the ML Bevel Reflect 2 plugin (by Marcel Lancelle) to create these beautiful effects.

In effect Custom Font Bevel Reflect calls the BRL v 1.7 script by GnuTux/MareroQ which in turn calls the ML BR plug-in by Marcel Lancelle.

Once installed in your user scripts folder the GnuTux script can be accessed from the following two locations:

Image>>Filters>>Alpha to Logo
Image>>File>>Create>>Logos

The Marcel Lancelle plug-in (installed in your user plug-ins folder) will appear in:

Filters/Map/ML Bevel Reflect 2.0...

The ML Bevel Reflect 2 plug-in comes in a variety of flavours so you need to download the version appropriate to your OS.

I used the links from GimpScripts.com for my system – Windows 10, 64 bit.

If you use version 1.6 of GnuTux’s script, Custom Font Bevel Reflect will fail and Gimp will throw up an error message about the wrong number of parameters (version 1.6 accepts 27 parameters but version 1.7 requires 28 parameters – if my memory is correct).

The custom font filter works with Gimp 2.10.20 from Gimp.org and also Gimp 2.10.22.

It failed completely with SamJ’s portable download v. 2.10.18
It works with SamJ’s portable download v. 2.10.22

So it looks like there are plenty of possible opportunities for things to go wrong.

I will look at the possibility of using both versions of GnuTux’s script in the next version of the custom font filter.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#29 by skinnyhouse » 20 Nov 2020, 11:09

Cannot see a quick way to differentiate between versions 1.6 and 1.7 of the Bevel Reflect Logo scripts.
According to the script changelog v 1.7 improvements are:

V1.7 - MrQ: for File/Create/Logos - add direction, border;
for Filters/Alpha To Logo - add option: creates a new image from the active layer;
Fixed deprecated procedure:(gimp-invert drawable) -> (gimp-drawable-invert drawable linear[TRUE or FALSE])

Hmmm

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#30 by skinnyhouse » 20 Nov 2020, 17:17

Ok this is for Issabella to test:

A version of Custom Font Bevel Reflect for users of Bevel Reflect Logo 1.6. The initial version of the custom font plug-in will not work with version 1.6 of the scm file script and this one will not work with version 1.7 of the scm file script.
Custom_Font_Bevel_Reflect_BRL_1_6.py
(21.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
If the filter works but throws up an error when using Spherical Cloud as the Environment Map Type the scm file itself needs altering at line 401 with a text editor. Change the word CUSTOM to BLEND-CUSTOM and it should work.

Oh and don't forget to use grey character layers instead of the usual white ones.

Best of luck.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic